California Cool™ Shingles
Homes in California need to comply with specific “cool roof” requirements. Homeowners want rich, beautiful colors. And everyone wants the potential of saving on cooling costs.1 Why not have it all? All GAF California Cool™ Shingles can be used to comply with Title 24 cool roof requirements, and are rated by the Cool Roof Rating Council.
Timberline HDZ® RS Shingles
Timberline HDZ® RS Charcoal
Timberline HDZ® RS Hickory
Timberline HDZ® RS Stone Gray
Timberline HDZ® RS Sagewood
Timberline HDZ® RS Aged Chestnut
Timberline HDZ® RS Sandalwood
Timberline HDZ® RS Coastal Slate
Timberline HDZ® RS Birchwood
Timberline HDZ® RS+ Shingles
Timberline HDZ® RS+ Charcoal Plus
Timberline HDZ® RS+ Hickory Plus
Timberline HDZ® RS+ Stone Gray Plus
Timberline HDZ® RS+ Sagewood Plus
Timberline HDZ® RS+ Aged Chestnut Plus
Timberline HDZ® Shingles
Timberline HDZ® Copper Canyon
Timberline HDZ® Golden Amber
Timberline® CS Shingles
Timberline® CS Cool Barkwood
Timberline® CS Cool Antique Slate
Timberline® CS Cool Weathered Wood
Grand Sequoia® RS Shingles
Grand Sequoia® RS Charcoal
Grand Sequoia® RS Ocean Gray
Grand Sequoia® RS Sagewood
Grand Sequoia® RS Sandalwood
Grand Sequoia® RS Forest Brown
Why Timberline HDZ® RS?
AS COOL AS IT GETS. GAF Timberline HDZ® RS Shingles have rich, vivid color blends never before seen in a cool roof. The enhanced shadow effect and rich color blends of Timberline HDZ® RS Shingles combine to give your roof a striking look unmatched by any other brand. With Timberline HDZ® RS Shingles, you get proven performance and reliability — plus potential cooling cost savings!
WindProven™ Limited Wind Warranty1
- Code Compliance: Meets the prescriptive solar reflectance and thermal emittance requirements according to the 2016 Title 24 Standards and is rated by the Cool Roof Rating Council. Find out more about Title 24 here.
- Beautiful Look: Feature GAF proprietary color blends and enhanced shadow effect for a genuine wood-shake look.
- High Performance: Designed with Advanced Protection® Shingle Technology, which reduces the use of natural resources while providing excellent protection for your home.
- WindProven™ Limited Wind Warranty: When installed with the required combination of GAF Accessories, Timberline HDZ® Shingles are eligible for an industry first: a wind warranty with no maximum wind speed limitation.1
- LayerLock® Technology: Proprietary technology mechanically fuses the common bond between overlapping shingle layers
- Up to 99.9% nailing accuracy: The StrikeZone® nailing area is so easy to hit that a roofer placed 999 out of 1,000 nails correctly in our test.2
- Stays in Place: Our legendary Dura Grip™ sealant pairs with the smooth microgranule surface of the StrikeZone® nailing area for fast tack. Then, an asphalt-to asphalt monolithic bond cures for durability, strength, and exceptional wind uplift performance.
- Highest Roofing Fire Rating: UL Class A, listed to ANSI/UL 790.
- Peace Of Mind: Lifetime limited transferable warranty with Smart Choice® Protection (non-prorated material and installation labor coverage) for the first ten years.3 A cool roof from GAF helps minimize solar heat gain by reflecting incoming sun rays and re-emitting the absorbed energy — thereby reducing the heat going into the house and in the attic. This may translate into savings on air-conditioning bills.4